The Rugby World Cup winners for the fourth time - and the second time back-to-back- the Springbok team head to Gauteng as part of their victory tour.
The Springboks will travel in an open-top bus, displaying the Web Ellis trophy, as they move slowly through the streets. This is a chance for fans to gather once more to show in person their appreciation for the monumental achievement of this team.
As the indomitable Siya Kolisi himself said: “What brings us together is our country. What brings us together are the Springboks and South Africa – that’s what drives us. I can’t explain it to you – you need to come and see South Africa to understand. Once we come together nothing can stop us, not just in sport but also in life.”
When and where to see them:
Pretoria: 8.30am to 11.15am
- 7.15am: Transfer to closed bus to Southern Sun Pretoria to transfer team into open-air bus
- 9.30am: Parade starts in an easterly direction down Stanza Bopape Street;
- Right into End Street;
- Right into Pretorius Street in a westerly direction;
- Left into Gordon Street (which becomes Jan Shoba St);
- Right into Burnett Street; Left into Park St;
- Left into Kirkness Street, past Loftus Versfeld;
- Right into Jorissen Street (becomes Kotze Street, A Reyeng route into Nana Sita
- Right into Paul Kruger Street and around Church Square;
- Right into Madiba Street;
- 10.30am to 11am: Stop at Tshwane House and then depart to Johannesburg;
- Players transfer in closed bus for transfer to MTN;
- 12pm-1pm: Lunch at MTN;
- 1pm: Closed bus to Helpmekaar Kollege, team swap into open-air bus.
Johannesburg & Soweto: 2pm to 4.15pm
- 2pm: Parade starts;
- 1 Jan Smuts Avenue in Braamfontein to Metro Centre and across the Nelson Mandela Bridge;
- To FNB Bank City in Simmonds Street - FNB CEO speech from Springbok bus roof;
- Into Nasrec Road past Riverley and to the FNB Stadium;
- South to Ben Naude Street;
- Left into Immink Road;
- Right into Chris Hani Street past Maponya Mall;
- Right into Klipspruit Valley Road;
- Left into Kumalo Main Road and left into Vilakazi Street and on to the Hector Pieterson Memorial;
- From about 3.45pm to 4.15pm: Past Orlando Stadium to FNB Stadium;
- 4.30pm: N1 highway - Arrival at Fireblade Aviation 5.10pm.