The Klein Karoo National Arts Festival (KKNK), supported by ABSA, launched its second Virtual Art Gallery featuring artists and curators exploring the many subtleties of emotions.
The gallery is curated Dineke van der Walt, who received the kykNET Fiësta award for Best Achievement in Visual Arts for last year’s Virtual Art Gallery.
Six group exhibitions are on show in the gallery, including:
– Emotion (Emosie), compiled by ABSA with Dr. Paul Bayliss as curator.
– Feeling Things curated by Donavan Mynhardt from the Rust-en-Vrede Gallery.
– Paint. Verf. curated by Johan Myburg (the 2020 Hertzog Prize Winner).
– If you think about it, just midding in the meantime or progression curated by Fadzai Muchemwa (recently appointed curator of Zimbabwe’s Pavilion for the 59th Venice Biennale taking place in 2022).
– Something Pauses curated by Christa Swart from the Glen Carlou Gallery.
– Amplifica: A Medley of Moods in Miniature curated by Van der Walt herself.
83 artists form part of the 2021 KKNK Virtual Art Gallery with a total of 245 works exhibited. Artists include Paul Shiakallis, Anthea Pokroy, Vusi Beauchamp, Ella Cronjé, Lillian Magodi, Erica Lüttich, Sophia van Wyk, Senzo Shabangu, Alexia Vogel, Jayne Crawshay Hall, Admire Kamudzengerere, Pauline Gutter, Bastiaan van Stenis, André Naude and Franklyn Dzingai.
The Virtual Art Gallery is open for art sales until 29 August with artworks available on KKNK’s brand-new online store.