Who We are
Company name : Cape Concierge cc
Company registration number : 2004 / 108449 / 23
Company Address : 24 Palmerston Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
Contact Number : 0843615718
Information Officer email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
What Data We Collect
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and Web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website, your IP address.
Cape Concierge cc supports and respects a person’s right to privacy and to the careful management of any personal information that Cape Concierge cc is required to collect in order to provide products and services.
We will do all that is reasonable to ensure your personal information is kept secure and up to date. However we are unable to guarantee that your personal information will be 100% secure.
How we use your data
- – performing and providing the services of Cape Concierge cc
- – informing you of changes made to our website
- – sending you a quote, providing a service or sending a voucher or item requested by you
- – providing you with support and requested information
- – improving our service to you by analysing it for trends
- – sending you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to other solutions you might be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our communications at any time and thereafter we will not market to you
- – For security, administrative and legal purposes
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Cookie Use for Retargeting
We may use Google Analytics and the Google advertising network as well as other advertising networks to display ads across the Internet, based on your visit to our website.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Our site and third-party vendors use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on past visits and pages visited on this website.
Our site as well as third-party vendors may use third-party audience data to further optimize advertisements displayed. You can opt-out of this kind of advertising anytime, here and here.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Data we Collect in More Detail
We’ve broken this down into sections to make it easy to understand what data we collect:
- As a visitor
- Signing up to our newsletter
- Purchasing a product
1. As a Visitor
You’re a “visitor” if you browse our website but don’t submit any personal information about yourself.
For example, if you visit this website and take a look through our content, our sales pages and knowledge base without signing up for anything, then you’re a visitor. As a visitor, the website uses several third party services that act in order to provide you with a better experience and allow us to optimize our content.
The following third parties have limited access to some of your data:-
- – We use Google analytics to gain an overview of how our site is being used, how to improve user experience, what content to create and similar decisions all focused on improving the experience for our visitors.
- – We may integrate Google Analytics with Google Adwords so that we can measure the performance of our paid advertisements.
- – We may use Facebook conversion tracking to understand how our Facebook ads are performing.
- Social sharing tools
- – Some of the content on the site includes social sharing widgets to quickly allow you to share content with your network. Some of these services gather data about you, if you are logged in to these social networks while visiting our website. Please see the privacy policies of the social networks for further information.
2. Signing Up to Our Mailing List
On this site, we display various forms that allow you to sign up to our mailing list. When you sign up through one of our forms, we’ll commonly ask you for the following data:
- – Name
- – Email address
We’ll also collect the following:
- – Which form you filled out
- – Referrer URL (the URL that you led you to the page that you signed up through)
- – Your IP address
We store this data on our site for the following reasons:
- Compliance – to keep a record of where our leads came from
- Testing – to optimize and improve the newsletter sign up forms that we display
- Relevance – we try not to show a form that you’ve already signed up for
The data that you submit is also added to a third party service called The Newsletter Plugin. This is a tool that we use to send email communications to you.
3. Purchasing a Product from Us
When purchasing a product from us, we may collect the following data:-
- – First name
- – Last name
- – IP address
- – Email address
- – Billing address
- – Shipping Address
- – Country of residence
- – Post code
- – Bank details
Any payments made on our website are processed by our partner payment gateways. Your credit card details are encrypted and stored with the payment gateway and so these details are not visible or available to Cape Concierge cc or the staff of Cape Concierge cc. If you have a query please contact the payment gateway directly.
Please note that this data is captured when you submit an order on our checkout page regardless of whether you complete the purchase of the product through our payment processor.
This data is required for the following reasons:
- Compliance – we have a duty to understand what country you are resident of so that we can charge the correct VAT amount. We must also keep a record of this data for tax audit purposes.
- Integration with our payment processor – we collect address personal data such as your name, email and address to integrate with our payment processor (the service we use to collect payments)
- Product delivery – In order to give you access to the products that you purchase and to our support team, we need to create an account using your name and email address.
Product or Services Review
When you provide a rating or review of a product or post, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on our website, in newsletters or other marketing material. Please note that your name may appear next to that rating or review. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the website. We will not display any of your contact details with a rating or review.
Who has access to your data
Your personal information will be available only to those Cape Concierge cc employees, consultants or representatives that are required to provide the goods or services that you have requested. These individuals are trained in the requirements of the act and there are signed agreements or policies in place.
Your Right to Modify your Data
You have the right to modify personal data that we hold about you. You can modify your data by contacting us via our Contact Us page and requesting any changes.
Your Right to View Your Data
You have the right to see the data that we store about you. To request a file containing all your data, let us know by contacting us via our Contact Us page.
Your Right to Have your Data Deleted
You have the right to request that we delete data that we store about you.
If you would like to stop receiving our email newsletter then you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. This will unsubscribe you from any future communications. If, for some reason, this doesn’t work then let us know and we’ll remove you manually.
Please note that If you’ve purchased a product or membership from us we are obliged to keep a record of the purchase. This will mean keeping a record of your billing address, contact details and purchase details. We do this to fulfill our obligations to the tax authorities and remain compliant.
- – We don’t sell your data to any company for further processing, marketing, profiling or any other reason
- – We integrate with certain third party services for the purpose of improving the overall user experience and to optimize certain business processes.
- – Any data we hold about you, we do so for necessary and legitimate business reasons
- – You can request to view, modify and delete any data that we hold about you.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any concerns or questions about anything in this policy, then let us know and we’ll get back to you shortly.